Friday, June 11, 2010

Bet You Can't Swatch Just One! And NOTD!

Ok, so I may have a slight tendency towards hoarding. It's not a big deal. I have it under control.


While stopping off at my local pharmacy last night, I saw another Sally Hansen HD Nail Color that I had not seen on Tuesday.


Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definiton Nail Color in #16 Laser




I thought I would add this to my collection. I haven't been able to stop looking at my nails with the DVD on them. Since I couldn't bear to take it off, but NEEDED to swatch my newest color I came up with this:

Sally Hansen HD polish in DVD, tipped with Laser, topped with SecheVite.

I think I did OK for my first reverse french manicure with homemade janky nail guides. I'll give my DIY nail guides another shot. I have to find a better stencil to draw my guides before I cut them out. I need more of a moon or crescent shape to follow rather than the slight curve, which would be more appropriate for a regular french manicure.




It seems that I am on quite a Sally Hansen kick. While searching the SH section for the illusive Hidden Treasure polish, I had never realized that the Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear line was so affordable. At only $2.99 for an almost full sized product, I thought why the hell not. This is my first experience with the Xtreme line from SH and I can't wait to give it a go.


Shooting Star, In the Spotlight, Disco Ball, Going Green


I can't wait to test out the formula on these polishes. I am seldom disappointed with SH polishes and have found that their formula has only improved over the years. I did decide to get some "effects" polished over regular polishes. I had to throw one in there. I missed out on China Glaze's Four Leaf Clover. I hope this is a close dupe.


I'm happy to take swatch requests if there is one particular polish you would like to see first!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment