Wednesday, June 16, 2010

China Glaze Poolside Collection NOTD




Don't these colors just make you happy? China Glaze's Poolside Collection in Sun Worshiper and Towel Boy Toy. Though these are not marketed as neons, they are pretty darn near close. Like any addict, I wanted to swatch both right away but only had time for one polish change. So what does any ingenuity polish addict do?






Do a combination of both! I love polka dot manicures! And this one is super bright and fun for the "poolside" during the summertime. My biggest trouble was deciding whether to do blue on orange or orange on blue. I am very happy with the results. I used a dotting tool to make the polka dots. The biggest lesson I learned in doing this type of manicure is to pick a polish that is opaque in 1 coat so the dots show up. In this photo, which is very color accurate, the dots look more uniformly opaque than they really are. And then in this pic they are obviously not all uniformly opaque. Uniform dots or not, I still love, love, LOVE this manicure.



I picked these beauties up at Sally Beauty Supply. And right now there is a special, when you buy 2 China Glaze polishes you can get a Seche Perfect Nail Product for free! I have never tried anything from the Perfect Nail line of Seche, only Seche Vite and Seche Base.




(My gift with purchase from Sally Beauty Supply)


Seche Base I never felt did much for my nails as a base coat, but I tried Seche Recondition (to add flexibility to fragile nails) as my base for this manicure. I figure, at a $7-$8 savings after getting this free with my CG purchase, I can't go too wrong by at least testing it out. One manicure probably won't make much of a difference, but I'll keep using it (along with Seche Vite as a top coat) and I'll let you know how it works out.


Thank you for reading, and as always, if you have any questions or requests, please leave them in a comment below!












No comments:

Post a Comment