Monday, June 14, 2010

The NOTD that went one day too long...


This manicure morphed over the course of a week:

Day 1: Nailtek Foundation II Base Coat, 3 coats of Sally Hansen HD Nail Color in DVD, 1 coat of Seche Vite.

Day 3: Reverse French Manicure with Sally Hansen HD Nail Color in Laser (3 coats), 1 coatof Seche Vite.

Day 5: Refreshed the reverse french manicure (touched up tipwear) and added 1 coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Shooting Star, 1 coat of Seche Vite.

Day 5, later on that day: Added several layers of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in In the Spotlight to tips of thumb and ring finger, 1 coat of Seche Vite.

Day 5, still later: Removed all polish with foil method. The weight of all that polish was too much for my fingertips, LOL.

I often employ techniques such as these to extend the life of a manicure. When I am busy during the semester and only have time for a polish change once a week, these are all things I havce done to extend the life of my manicure. I did go a little over thie top this time, but that is the beauty of nail polish: you can change it as often as you change your mind! (And for me, that could be a lot!)

Thanks for taking the time to read my little beauty musings. If you have any questions, comments or requests, please leave them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment